Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Next-Gen Trailer
You may have heard that a “definitive edition” of Tomb Raider is coming to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it has also been dubbed as ‘the PC version coming to consoles’ due to the old Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 being dated in terms of graphics.
You can’t blame them for wanting to release a version which will utilise the systems capabilities to the best of their abilities and although some games still look amazing, anyone who knows the specifications of the ‘next-gen’ consoles know they can achieve so much better.
A trailer has been released which shows off the next-gen Lara in what’s called a ‘breakdown’ video.
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition features:
Lara Croft presented in unprecedented high definition detail:
- An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
- TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
- Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A physical world put in motion thanks to brand new hardware architecture:
- The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
- All texture resolutions have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail
- In-game characters, enemies and destructibility have been enhanced for added depth and realism
- Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
- Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the beauty of Yamatai in all its high definition glory