Physics, great stuff eh! Not got a lot to do with the iPhone or iPad except that Physikus|HD² is something from Braingame Publishing that is apparently ‘said to be the reference for learning games’ in the sense that, while it’s a fun game to play, it also has educational values.
“We are very happy about the decision to develop the new basic technology for Physicus with the help of the FilmFernsehFonds Bayern here, within the Bavarian region. Now, this great IP is finally made available to a broader audience on devices like the iPad”, appreciates Clemens Hochreiter, one of the business managers at Reality Twist.
Ever thought you could mix physics into an adventure game? Physicus (I thought it was Physikus?) was developed with a budget of €85,000 from the Bavarian state chancellery and the FilmFernsehFonds of Bavaria for Reality Twist to be able to bring it to the latest technology.
In Physicus, a meteorite has hit the planet, causing it to stop rotating around its own axis. One half of the earth looks set to freeze solid in arctic conditions, while scorching heat is making life unbearable on the other half. Can humankind be saved from this terrible disaster? Just one enormous repulse set off from a large impulse machine could set the planet rotating again. Exciting locations and scenarios are waiting for the curious player’s intent. No corner must be left unturned in his effort to generate electricity and take the challenge to the final step of firing the giant impulse machine. The key to everything can be found and understood by assessing the vast database of scientific knowledge stored within a laptop-style recorder.
- Classic point-&-click adventure in 1st person perspective
- For the 1st time on iPad and iPhone
- Most successful learning adventure in the world, critically acclaimed
- The original game with a new face
- Dozen of logical and machine puzzles in a fascinating setting for clever and entertaining learning
- Correction of the previous points of critique of the classic
- Innovative new help system
- Vast encyclopedia of scientific knowledge