Obligatory About Page.
What’s all this about then? Well, Mental Gamers exists because of MGAceman’s passion for gaming over the last 30 years or so and that passion is still ongoing for as long as possible. Although news and information is as true as the press releases it’s taken from, Mental Gamers is here to try to give a humorous and somewhat slightly cynical view while being honest with any and all opinions.
MGAceman is predominantly about Streaming and YouTube videos. The original blog was at mgaceman.blogspot.co.uk, any posts will have the category title ‘MGaceman’ and holds no bearing or influence on any of the news articles published on Mental Gamers. Mental Gamers/MGAceman does have proper PR contacts and is sent review code when possible of which is entirely appreciative, thank you. 🙂 #PRFriendly
Gameplay of games given for review may appear on the MGAceman YouTube channel, but not as reviews. Reviews are only written and not recorded videos, the video may contain footage of the game being played for review, but the video will not be the review.
Comments close on posts once they’re 30 days old, this is just for the sake of common sense, what’s the point of commenting on old news?
Free games will not be reviewed. There will be a ‘write-up’ and an opinion on how good the game is or not, but it won’t be a review. You’re welcome to ask for an opinion about your ‘free’ game, but please don’t think of it as a review, hence it won’t be given a score or award.
Note: Reviews won’t mention too much about what happens too far into a game to steer clear of spoilers, it is not MG’s intention to spoil games, but to offer an opinion of how it looks, plays and sounds. That said, a game is played for a minimum of three (3) hours before reviewing, dependent on whether it is full retail (“AAA”) or an Indie game.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Mental Gamers’ web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Mental Gamers’ web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Mental Gamers at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Mental Gamers’ website are provided “as is”. Mental Gamers makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Mental Gamers does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. Some text can and will be taken directly from press releases, if the majority of text in an article (the majority being at least 90%) is from a press release or a ‘fact sheet’, then it will be announced as such.
In no event shall Mental Gamers or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Mental Gamers’ Internet site, even if Mental Gamers or a Mental Gamers authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Mental Gamers’ website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Mental Gamers does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Mental Gamers may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Mental Gamers does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Mental Gamers has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Mental Gamers of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Mental Gamers’ web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Internet without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Website.
Most images on mentalgamers.com are readily available in various places on the Internet and believed to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be posted within our rights according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code.)
9. Claims of Infringement
If you believe that any content appearing on mentalgamers.com infringes on your copyright, please let us know. Email the following information and the infringing material will be removed as soon as possible.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The exact URL or a description of each place where alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf;
- A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
Please also note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
This website does not accept any form of sponsorship or paid topic insertions. However, I (MGAceman) will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organisations.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made on this website. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. There are adsense advertisements automatically placed across the website, Mental Gamers is a non-profit blog/website, so any potential revenue is made through affiliations and adsense.
The owner of this website is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely the websites owners. If I (MGAceman) claim or appear to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area, I (MGAceman) will only endorse products or services that I (MGAceman) believe, based on my (MGAceman) meagre ability, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This website does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.