Miner Wars 2081 Gets Advanced Engine
Keen Software House has announced that Miner Wars 2081 will benefit from a new update which sees improvements with an advanced rendering engine and new features.
New rendering engine features:
- – Image-Based Anti-Aliasing (FXAA).
- – Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO).
- – Real spot lights with shadows.
- – Sun light with much better precision.
- – HDR, environmental textures, bloom/blur.
- – Multiple monitor support.
New game and editor features:
- – Modular mothership weapons – large weapons and turrets that can aim and shoot at enemy!
- – Third person camera (attached behind your spaceship).
- – Many new prefabs for the game and editor – tunnels, chambers, armor, rooms.
- – Special prefab types – lights, kinematic prefabs (doors).
- – 12 new playable space ships (that means 22 playable space ships in the current build).
- – Improved mouse and keyboard controls, allowing for more intuitive gameplay.
- – Improved and fixed explosions with more debris.
- – Holographic semi-transparent markers to show true scale proportions of the in-game objects (size of a ship, man etc.) – apart of their practical function, they look great, especially with the implemented HDR and emissive textures.
- – Many other fixes and enhancements.