The game is described as being a kind of ‘reversed tower defence’ action strategy in which you have to help save the Earth from aliens that have taken up residence in major cities.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth is an extraordinary mixture of action and strategy in a reversed tower defence formula. The game tasks you with saving a near-future Earth from an alien onslaught.
The invaders have captured world’s major cities, building huge turrets that destroy everything in their path.
It’s up to you to lead an armour squad through the streets of cities like Baghdad and Tokyo, planning the route and strategically choosing which units to deploy in order to crush the opposition.
Take control of the Commander, whose special abilities and quick thinking will be vital in supporting the squad in its mission, as you engage in fast-paced, tactical battle across story campaign and two heart-pounding Squad Assault Modes.
- Enjoy innovative game play – mixing action and strategy in a reversed tower defence formula – you’re the attacking side!
- Play the commander whose special abilities and quick thinking are crucial to support the squad in its quest for victory.
- Think tactically and strategically, choosing the right squad and the best route for the mission.
- Extend tactical possibilities by gathering resources to buy new units and upgrade your squad during a battle.
- Play for hours on end in the engaging story campaign, as well as the two exciting Squad Assault Modes.
- Immerse yourself in the game with great visuals and atmospheric audio.
- Supports PC touch screens compatible with Windows 7! Tap the screen and enjoy full tactical experience.
If you like it enough to buy, it’s only £3.06 until 6pm tomorrow, so go take a look!
With a metascore of 80/100, it’s at least worth playing the demo to see how good it is.