Yeah I know this particular news is almost two weeks old, but since I’m on the verge of catching up with the last week of news, I’ve had various other distractions like TV and movies to watch, also read all six Scott Pilgrim books (and the free ebook), so, enough with the excuses, let’s give you the rundown of what I’ve secretly become a fan of, even if I still think the actor that plays Scott in the film doesn’t suit the character…
Scott Pilgrim is a loveable loser whose life is turned upside down when a mind-blowing delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts popping up everywhere, even in his dreams. Could she be his true love? But the path to Ms. Flowers isn’t covered in rose petals. The League of Ramona’s Evil Exes stands in the way. To get the girl, Scott must not only defeat the seven evil exes, but also take responsibility and become a better person.
SCOTT PILGRIM is about KISSES and KOs
[pe2-gallery class=”alignright” ] [/pe2-gallery]
PLAY AS OR PLAY WITH YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS
- Fight as SCOTT PILGRIM, RAMONA FLOWERS, STEPHEN STILLS and KIM PINE or as one surprise character, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Team up with up to 3 of your friends on the same console and combine your skills in over-the-top super CO-OP attacks for more devastation.
- Not only can you help your friends by reviving their characters or sharing health and coins, but also compete with them in subspace mini-games to earn more experience, coins and lives.
- Experience alternate game endings depending on the character you choose.
- Summon for a limited time an AI ally – such as the deadly Knives Chau – to help you strike your enemies.
RELIVE SCOTT PILGRIM’S ADVENTURES IN AWESOME 8-BIT
- Old-school graphic design with next-gen HD technology.
- 8-BIT retro-gaming animations by the world-famous Pixel Artist PAUL ROBERTSON.
- More than 30 original music tracks by chiptune heroes ANAMANAGUCHI rock the game and can be unlocked and collected for later enjoyment.
- Features exclusive retro cut scenes and art by Bryan Lee O’Maley, SCOTT PILGRIM creator.
- Includes tons of references to new and old cult games.
FIGHT FOR LOVE AND BECOME THE BEST 23-YEAR-OLD EVER!
- Defeat Ramona’s 7 ex-boyfriends and their weird hordes of hipsters, emos, paparazzi, aliens, flying piggy banks (yes, flying piggy banks!) and many many more.
- Progress by earning eXperience Points that will allow your character to level-up and learn numerous deadly fighting moves.
- Earn coins during your journey and exchange them in one of 14 shops for food or snacks that increase your strength, speed, defense and will power.
- Get each of your quests rewarded by spending quality time with the girl of Scott’s dreams – Ramona Flowers.
FIGHT, EXPLORE, UNLOCK SECRETS
- Not only can you unlock a surprise playable character, music tracks and special moves but also uncover secrets such as playing twin characters, transforming coins into cute little animals and more.
- Unlock secret modes for more fun, such as fighting waves of zombies, and more.
- Collect up to 12 trophies and more than 300 points.