Happy Wars First XBLA Free-To-Play Game
It’s rare that Microsoft give Xbox gamers anything for free, don’t be fooled by the rewards system where you get pittance for giving them feedback, it’s more like a small refund of your XBL sub or for Silver members, a little gift from Gold members passed on.
Anyway, Toylogic has launched a free-to-play Xbox Live Arcade title which ironically needs Gold membership to be downloaded and played. Here’s the info:
“With Happy Wars, we saw an opportunity to introduce the Play for Free model to millions of Xbox 360 owners that might not have experienced it before.” said Yoichi Take, Happy Wars Game Director. “We designed the game to be fun and accessible for everyone right from the start, so I hope players really enjoy themselves.”
Happy Wars features:
- Play for Free – Happy Wars is the free-to-play game on XBLA, a 100% free download for anyone with an Xbox LIVE® Gold Membership. There’s no need for players to ever spend a dime in-game to remain competitive.
- Endless Customization – Whether through battle or purchasing, players can equip and combine thousands of items, upgrade their equipment, and completely change the look of their characters.
- Massive Battles – Happy Wars throws up to 30 players into the fray at once in multiplayer matches, and players can also team up to battle full teams of bots in cooperative mode or play solo against the AI in a fully-featured single-player campaign.
- Pick up and Play – Combat in Happy Wars is easy to learn and action-packed. Players can easily unleash skills on the fly or team up for massive group attacks with a single button, letting them focus on what’s really important: winning!
- Teamwork is Key – Mages, clerics, and warriors complement each other on the battlefield. To coordinate their tactics, players can either use integrated hot-keys for text message or XBLA voice chat.