A Trailer of Prominence
Prominence is a bit of a rare breed, it’s a sci-fi point-and-click adventure which actually happens in space. Digital Media Workshop has released a seven minute preview trailer to reveal details of the game.
”In making this video, we wanted to show more of what Prominence has to offer, taking care to steer away from spoilers as much as possible since it’s a traditional adventure game,” said Kevin McGrath, lead programmer on the project. “We decided to go with a guided tour that demonstrates some of the game’s key features, such as the control scheme and UI, and the puzzle types that players can expect to encounter in Prominence.”
- Solve a dynamic mix of challenging, yet logical, puzzles that tie directly into the story.
- Acquire and use additional skills and abilities as you progress through the adventure.
- Discover clues and reconstruct the events of the mission through emails, audio recordings, environmental clues, and a damaged central computer in need of repairs.
- Become immersed in the world through fully rendered HD environments with animated movement and effects.
- Hack computer subsystems via a text-based interface.
- Access holographic data archives to explore a wealth of back-story, environmental details, mission information, crew member records, and more.
- Experience an original soundtrack with over 40 minutes of music.