Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition has been announced for next-gen consoles and is one of the first indie titles to launch through Microsoft’s [email protected] program. That’s for Xbox One, but it’s also coming to the PlayStation 4 and Wii U.
Guacamelee! is a great game, I reviewed Guacamelee! Gold which coincidentally earned a Gold rating. So, why bring Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition to the next generation consoles (and the Xbox 360)?
“It’s always been our plan to bring Guacamelee! to additional platforms in order to share the game’s unique world with as many gamers as possible; however, we wanted to go one step further and provide fans with new content and features.” said Ryan MacLean, Co-Founder of DrinkBox Studios. “We feel that Super Turbo Championship Edition’s new levels, enemies and abilities (did somebody say explosive eggs?) will provide armchair luchadores with the richest Guac experience ever.”
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition new features:
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
There’s no specific date set for the launch of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, but you can expect it some time in the second quarter of 2014.