Far Cry 4's PvP Explained
As you may have seen from previous news, Far Cry 4 will have a PvP mode where you go against friends or maybe just random players. Some screenshots and a trailer will let you see just what it’s all about.
Far Cry 4 PvP info:
The player’s battles take on the form of a re-telling of a long-past war that Pagan Min’s elite guard, the Rakshasa, fought against the Golden Path rebellion. Each faction has their own unique set of weapons and skills and players will have to adapt to their strengths and weaknesses while making their own progress within this multiplayer mode.
The Rakshasa are the mythical warriors of Kyrat with strong ties to their natural surroundings. They can call upon animals to help in both defending and attacking positions. The Rakshasa only use traditional weapons, specifically the bow, but are capable of crafting multiple alterations to their weapons. On the other hand, the Golden Path is all about its arsenal: guns, vehicles and tech-enhanced capabilities. They have access to a variety of weapon types, including assault rifles, shotguns, and multiple explosives. Finally, the Golden Path has access to bell towers, allowing them to spot the hidden enemy from far away.
The PvP mode consists of:
- 5v5 round-based matches.
- Asymmetrical gameplay where the players take on each faction. The team with the best overall performance on both wins the match.
- 20 minutes average match length.
- 10 maps at launch.
- 3 modes:
- Outpost – the Golden Path works to establish an outpost in the region while the Rakshasa has to get rid of them and secure the outpost for Pagan Min.
- Propaganda – the Golden Path has to destroy three Pagan Min installations while the Rakshasa protects them.
- Demon Mask – both sides have to find the mask and return it to their home base.