It’s the news all PC gamers wait for, the system requirements. As you can expect, Far Cry 4 needs a decent spec, but it’s not as bad as you may think. In fact, you may be a little surprised.
You would think a fairly high-end PC is required, it seems Ubisoft have managed to keep it down to a more mid-range specification, making it more widely available.
- Supported 64-Bit OS: Windows 7 (SP1) x64 / Windows 8 x64 / Windows 8.1 x64
- Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel® Core i5-750 or 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 955 (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2400S or 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350 or better recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB or greater recommended)
- Video Card: 1 GB DirectX 11–compliant with Shader Model 5.0 or higher
- Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: AMD Radeon HD 5850 / 6000 / 7000 / R7 / R9 series, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / 500 / 600 / 700 / TITAN series
- Sound Card: DirectX-compatible (5.1 surround sound recommended)
- DVD-ROM Drive: Dual-layer Hard Drive Space: 30 GB Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
There’s the usual blurb about laptop versions of video cards may work yada yada, but ONLY 64-bit operating systems are supported, which is why the requirements state Win7 minimum.
If you need more information about the requirements, visit support.ubi.com.