An Odd Patch for a Stranger
Yeah I know, it’s late and you’ve already updated, for those that haven’t or don’t know, Oddworld: Stranger‘s Wrath has been patched to help with performance and other stuff that gamers have complained about.
When the Oddboxx was on sale not so long ago, it inevitably had the masses snapping it up due to getting all the Oddworld games in one handy package, but Stranger’s Wrath had problems and so needed tweaking a fair bit.
These features include more customisable control options, v-sync and widescreen support. A full list of features follows below.
- Fixed performance issues.
- Fixed save game permissions issues. Save games and config file are now saved in “Program Files” to “\Documents\Oddworld\Stranger’s Wrath”.
- Fixed controls “sticking” issues.
- Fixed tutorial text – Camera mode switch button text.
- Fixed turorial text – Camera reset button text.
- Fixed broken achievement “Mine your business”
- Fixed incorrect texts being displayed in controls Layout screens.
- Fixed 5.1 and 7.1 audio.
- Fixed Mouse lag.
- Fixed issue with only 1 of 3 dialogue lines working in Jail house.
- Fixed first person view on nVidia boards.
Additions and Changes
- Added screen resolution selection to launcher.
- Added v-sync option to launcher.
- Added joystick selection to launcher.
- Added customisable controls (See next section).
- Added support for third party “generic” joypads.
- Added widescreen suppport.
- Re-authored Keyboard “layout” screen in options.
- Removed automatic joypad detection.
Customisable Controls (How To)
To change the controls to your exact specifications, first, locate the config.txt file (located in Documents\Oddworld\Stranger’s Wrath). Then, change the contents of the ” ” after each command name to alter the command to work with your specifically desired key setup…
Since this update is distributed through Steam, it should be implemented when you start the application or from whenever you buy the game.