People seemed to have one of those love/hate relationships with Metro 2033 due to either not being able to play it properly on their PC’s or console gamers just getting plain bored with it, THQ are hoping to rectify that with Metro: Last Night.
Despite people having various opinions, it was still quite a successful hit, Last Night will hopefully be another or maybe even bigger hit when it launches some time in 2012 on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
“We believe that Metro 2033 was a flawed masterpiece,”
said Danny Bilson, EVP Core Games, THQ.
“It was a beautiful, original game that didn’t get the marketing support it needed. We won’t make that mistake with Metro: Last Light. This game improves on the original in every way – it will have more polish, deeper and more sophisticated gameplay, and satisfyingly visceral combat, without losing what our fans loved about the original. Metro: Last Light is another artful piece of game development from an Eastern European studio that will thrill and terrify anyone looking for a more cerebral experience than your typical first person shooter.”
Without further ado, here is the info:
It is the year 2034.
Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within.
Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above.
But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…
- A gripping, story-driven first person shooter, Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010’s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033
- Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes – both human and mutant – and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness
- Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created
- Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay
- Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC
- Wage post-apocalyptic warfare online, as Last Light delivers an intense multiplayer experience amongst the dark Russian ruins