If you’ve played as much of Dungeon Siege III as you can, worry no more as Square Enix has announced that there is some downloadable content on the way in October which will add several hours of gameplay and take you into an all–new environment: the Aranoi Desert and fight through hordes of new villains only to find a forgotten abbey hiding a long–lost secret: the greatest treasure of the Azunite faith.
The Treasures of the Sun DLC will cost $9.99, so that will probably equate to £7.99 on the PlayStation Network and Steam, and 800 Microsoft Points for the Xbox 360.
Further supporting the hours of new content in the expansion, developer Obsidian Entertainment has introduced several refinements to the systems and mechanics of DUNGEON SIEGE III:
- New abilities: Players will be able to attain mastery of the arcane through powerful new attack, defense and healing abilities.
- Level up to 35: DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN will further power up players by raising DUNGEON SIEGE III‘s existing level cap from 30 to 35.
- More monsters and items: Players will encounter new monsters in the Aranoi Desert—including mummies and giant skeletons—and will find more powerful items, adding to the thousands already available in DUNGEON SIEGE III.
- Reallocate Talent & Proficiency Points: Players can reallocate points spent in Proficiencies and Talents, enabling changes to character customization throughout the campaign.
- New Enchanting System: Transmuting items now gives players chances at gaining powerful new Vials that allow them to enhance their weapons and armor through the DLC’s new enchanting system.