For a while longer than expected (and will probably finish this weekend now I’m posting it), Burn Zombie Burn can still be bought on Steam for 10% less normal price as an introductory offer.
“We had hopes that P2 Games would listen to reason and not publish any more versions of this very anti-undead piece of software,” said Romero A. Bubb of B.R.A.A.A.I.N.S “And now we’re hearing rumors of additional versions coming from P2! What’s next you embalming fluid thirsty programming geeks… a Commodore 64 version???”
Features within Burn Zombie Burn are:
- Six levels inspired by American horror movies: The Woods, Graveyard, Suburbia, Drive-In, Military Base and Secret Lab.
- Ten custom Challenge levels including: ‘My Exploding Zombie Head!’ (kick your Exploding Zombie Head around the map, shoot to detonate); Zombie Zapper (trick those zombies into running into your brand new zombie disposal device); ‘Zombies Ate My Teddy!’ (zombies are after your teddy, you must stop them!) and ‘Lawn of the Dead!’ (a lawnmower and a lot of zombies).
- Eight zombie types to burn, each with their own behavioral patterns, strengths and weaknesses: Normal, Exploders, Crazies, Dancers, Rushers, Riots, Noxious and the Super Zombie!
- Choose from a fantastic range of classic horror-movie weapons to dish out some zombie hurt including: the baseball bat, the shotgun, the chainsaw, the lawnmower and some new additions: the Dance Gun and Brain Gun!
- Then eviscerate some more undead with your explosives. You can upgrade your Timed Explosives to Proximity Mines or Remote Explosives for your zombie-blasting convenience!
- Set fire to zombies to net a big score multiplier. The more zombies on fire, the bigger your multiplier and the quicker your score rises.
Burn Zombie Burn casts players as Bruce, an average guy who only wanted to spend time with his girlfriend Daisy before their Saturday night was ruined by packs of zombies. It’s up to Bruce to shoot, burn and blow up as many undead as possible before he succumbs to their attacks. The PC version of the game will feature the standard Freeplay, Defend Daisy and Timed modes, as well as a new Survival mode, which packs an ever increasing number of ghouls onscreen to test your accuracy. Additionally, a harder Extreme difficulty mode will demand a player’s best shooting and dodging skills, as you face off against hardier enemies. All zombie hunters will also receive a strategy guide and comic to help instruct them in how to eliminate shambling corpses.
Suggested PC spec:
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Dual Core processor running at 1.8Ghz
- 2 Gigs of RAM
- DirectX 9.0 compliant graphics card with 512 MB of memory and Shader Model 3.0 is required as well, along with a DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card
- 2GB of HDD space