If you’d like to test out a new beta update for Skyrim on Steam, you should be able to download it now if you’ve opted to take part in betas, it’s mostly a PC only update, so don’t expect anything to be incorporated into any future console updates.
The update consists as follows:
- Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods
- Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author
- Mod load order functionality
BUG FIXES (PC only)
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive while charging an enchanted weapon
- Fixed issue where controls would occasionally become unresponsive while switching from third to first person while using the Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive if activating a crafting station with autorun active
- Fixed issue where keyboard would fail if Rename Item was selected before choosing the number of charges, while using Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed several issues with remapping buttons while using an Xbox 360 controller
- Fixed issue where pressing Escape button after fast traveling but before the loading would cause certain menus to stop working properly with new PC-specific optimizations that includes new
New… What, I don’t know, it kind of cuts off there. I think they may have meant new PC-specific optimizations as one of the fixes or somehow got that last one a bit mixed up.
See the official blog for more details.