Zombie Driver is one of those games which you can play for a while when bored and find yourself easily losing a couple of hours to, but those couple of hours would take you halfway through the game, not with Zombie Driver HD.
It’s not just an HD update which means the game is now in high definition (you could pretty much play in high definition before by changing the settings), it’s an HD update which brings you more content.
Here’s all the info snippets from the press release:
The original game had 17 missions – the HD version has 31 missions with much more gameplay variety. In the HD version, there are multiple different objectives like defending against waves of zombies, epic boss fights, spraying anti zombie repellent, driving special vehicles like the military truck, the tank or the bulldozer as well as bombing missions. The city is a lot more alive in this version because there are moving military vehicles, soldiers fighting with zombies or birds feeding on corpses. A bunch of in game cut scenes tells much more about the story than the previous version did.
New enemies have been introduced in the form of zombie spawning infected buses, cargo containers or huge mutated mounds of flesh. The game is a lot more focused on using weapons against zombies which improves the pacing. There is a new Mission Select option that allows to play any mission with any already unlocked car, weapon or upgrade. The minimap is also one of the additions that were made to the HD version along with a large city overview map accessible at any time. Additional vehicles depending on the platform of your choosing. On Steam players can mow down zombies using a faithful recreation of the rescue van from the Left for Dead’s Crash Course Campaign. On the Xbox 360 players are awarded with an exclusive super charged Hot Rod sports car. All DLC from the original game is also available in the HD release.
Insane mix of cars, speed, explosions, blood and zombies! Fight through an epic narrative campaign or test yourself in the Slaughter and Blood Race modes. Engage huge bosses, save survivors, drive crazy vehicles such as a bulldozer, fire truck or even a tank and smash everything in your way. Take part in the Blood Race tournament – chase other cars and take them down without mercy on brutal racing tracks. Jump into the Slaughter mode and survive as long as possible on specially crafted arenas.
- Epic story campaign with 31 diverse missions featuring boss fights, night missions, special vehicles and more…
- Blood Race mode with 30 unique events offering the best arcade racing experience in 3 distinct game types:
- Race – classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies
- Eliminator – take down as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out
- Endurance – there is a bomb on your car and its ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time
- Survive endless zombie waves on 7 twisted slaughter arenas
- Drive 13 insane zombie killing machines including a school bus, a fire truck, a bulldozer or even a tank
- 9 different upgrades, which can transform an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death
- Vehicle mounted weapons including miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns
- All weapons have 3 upgrade levels which come with unique features
- Dynamic combo system with tricks to help fight off the hordes of zombies
- PhysX by NVIDIA
Zombie Driver HD is available now on Xbox Live Arcade, Steam and coming soon to Android devices and PlayStation 3.