Avid adventurers will be able to take part in a Guild Wars 2 event this weekend in which they can also invite up to three friends who can take part in a refer-a-friend trial period starting from today, so that they can download the client in time for the event.
Here are the details of the ‘mini-expansion’, The Lost Shores and trial info:
The Lost Shores update is a mini-expansion worth of new content that brings players an unprecedented amount of new areas to explore, challenges to conquer and goals to achieve. This is all punctuated with a massive one-time event that will change Tyria forever.
In addition to numerous improvements and additions across the entirety of the game, major features that players can look forward to include:
- A mysterious zone to explore, accessible to all players regardless of level
- A challenging new dungeon to conquer
- A new PvP map set within a Kodan dojo
- New gear to acquire, ranging from additional weapons skins to item enhancements to an additional tier of items between Exotic and Legendary.
- Crafting updates including a new resource to harvest and 200 new recipes
- A one-time in-game event that will forever leave its mark on the world of Tyria, starting Friday, November 16 and ending Monday, November 19.
Starting today, players who have already purchased the game will be able to invite up to three friends to join a free trial period from November 15-18.
Timing of The Lost Shores event is as follows:
- Thursday, November 15, 18:00 CET (17:00 GMT) – Free trial period begins, update build is released
- Friday, November 16, 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) – One-time Lost Shores event begins
- Sunday, November 18, 21:00 CET (20:00 GMT) – Final event stage begins
- Monday, November 19, 07:00 CET (06:00 GMT) – One-time event and free trial weekend ends
For all the info you need, visit www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/releases/november-2012/.