New Star Soccer Goes Free on Android
The free version of New Star Soccer has landed on Google Play, but old customers are disgruntled at how the game has changed since updating to version 1.5 and feels it’s gone in the wrong direction.
Like so many, I would open New Star Soccer (iPhone version) and play for as long as an hour, even take the phone to the toilet with me to play it there (don’t say you haven’t done the same…), but I’ve found myself not wanting to play since the update.
It’s changed in a way that has essentially tuned it into an IAP paradise, The only in-app purchase was to unlock the full career mode and more pitches and weather for another 69p/99c each if desired. Now there are many more available to buy and people aren’t pleased.
New Star Soccer content / changes:
- New boots! New Swerve feature added to premium boots.
- New Energy Drink! (NRG Bolt – increases energy plus 3 relationships and 3 skills.)
- Choose differently focussed play during matches – attacking, defensive or balanced.
- Defenders now close you down whilst you aim your shot.
- Replenish your energy during a game.
- New lifestyle items to purchase.
- Three save game slots.
- Skills deteriorate over time, and the older you get, the more you have to keep on top of your skills.
- Retirement option. Choose the optimal time to retire before your skills deteriorate and you start to ruin the memory of your past achievements. Includes career score and various achievements.
- Additional commentary to add variety.
- Hire a personal trainer, recover quicker, have more energy.
- Get yourself an agent and improve your contracts!
- New newspaper headlines, incidents etc.
- All new game achievements.
- All new audio.
- New footballs each with their own attributes.
- Lots of UI tweaks and improvements, short-cuts and time-savers.
- New pre-match location screen.
- New player awards (player of the year, young player of the year etc.)
- Updated league structure information for new 2013-2014 football season.
- Male / Female select!
- New unlockable ‘hard mode’ for the seasoned veterans!
- Night time matches.
- Exisiting premium players can continue their career with the Pro License unlocked, and their progress saved.
- Twitter and Facebook integration.
- Full localisation for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian, Turkish, Portuguese, Russian *NEW, Chinese *NEW, Japanese *NEW, Korean *NEW
It’s not that the game has become more difficult to play, it’s making gamers more reliant on having to spend real money, which is more likely to kill the game and not revive it.
You can find New Star Soccer on the App Store and Google Play. Has the new update spoiled the game for you?