Video game villains are usually the people we boo and hiss at (putting it mildly), but what if the superhero was the one, well, being a bit of a dick? Maybe not in the same way as Hancock was, just someone who let it go to their head.
Enter Kyle Keever, a mild-mannered aspiring actor who auditions for hit new reality show ‘America’s Got Superpowers’ and gets a little too into his alter-ego: a strong, brave, handsome, Aryan man the people call the Purple Patriot. Although defending Freedom, Equality and other capital nouns is his daily grind, the Purple Patriot’s favourite cause is stamping out the evils polluting his beloved New York. But when you’re a champion of justice with a supreme moral compass, those evils often resemble your personal pet peeves. Like hippies. And immigrants. And anyone a few Hooters short of heterosexual.
Supreme League of Patriots info:
Supreme League of Patriots is a point-and-click adventure coming to PC, Mac and iPad in 2014. It has puzzles and graphics and everything. It’s about a dude called Kyle Keever who gets a little too into his alter-ego while auditioning for new reality show America’s Got Superpowers. Your grandma probably won’t like it. Especially if she reads the Daily Mail.
Here are some bullet points to succinctly illustrate what Supreme League of Patriots is:
- Satirical point-and-click adventure comedy
- Dozens of puzzles to solve on your journey to earn your spot in the televised semi-final of ‘America’s Got Superpowers’
- Super helpful British sidekick Mel*
- 30+ vivid and fully interactive New York locations to explore, each hiding clues and items
- A host of peculiar characters with branching dialogue and hidden motives
- A flattering spandex outfit
*May not actually be that helpful
A preview of the game is coming shortly. Vote for it on Steam’s Greenlight!