Habitat: A Thousand Generations in Orbit has successfully reached its Kickstarter target, as usual, there are some stretch goals. The initial $50,000 has been met, but $150,000 would reach its full potential.
The goal was reached with just seven days to go and 4gancy are hoping to keep raising funds to meet any of the stretch goals they have set.
“We are thrilled to have reached our initial funding goal and to now unveil the stretch goals for Habitat”, said Charles Cox, Founder of 4gency. “The stretch goals are features that we’ve put a great deal of consideration into, as we want to make the best game possible and give the community an experience they’ll love. We are very excited about the future of Habitat and can’t wait to take this game to the next level”.
Set in the far future, Habitat: A Thousand Generations in Orbit is a space fan’s playground. Players must lead a team of engineers to gather debris floating in the vast wasteland of human and alien junk orbiting Earth to build and manage their own space stations, including the human residents residing within. But managing resources to maintain a healthy and happy extra-Earthly economy is only a part of Habitat, as players must also find ways to fend off enemies. To aid in this, Habitat introduces a new kind of combat using space debris as kinetic weaponry, which takes advantage of zero-gravity space conditions to defend habitats against enemies. Habitats can be destroyed in a matter of seconds, triggering massive chain reactions, so players must make some tough decisions to survive.
The Habitat: A Thousand Generations in Orbit Kickstarter stretch goals:
- $70K: Individual Tech Trees for Citizens and Engineers – Upgrade the world of Habitat even more with genetic and technology upgrades for your denizens
- $85K: Programmable AI Habitats – Automate habitats using a powerful and easy to use visual editor to make habitats scout and explore, track threats, auto-build and fight enemies
- $100K: Rocket Arena – Battle against 3 other friends on the same machine in a timed race to construct and destroy using a shared field of debris
- $115K: Mod Support – Script, skin, and share your own creations
- $125K: Tower Defense Mode – Send and control waves of Habitats to try and take out an enemy stronghold
- $150K: Dungeon Master Multiplayer – One player becomes the almighty dungeon master with control over events and anomalies on the map while another player tries to finish their objective
If you’d like to see it for yourself and maybe make a pledge, then visit the Kickstarter page.