PlayStation 4 and Vita Get Indie
I for one welcome more indie games to consoles, it’s actually something I want to cover more and not just PC and mobile. That’s why the announcement of a dozen major indie titles coming to the PlayStation 4 and Vita is exciting news.
Some of the games you may not yet know of, but that’s the beauty of indie games, they’re not meant to have the same critical acclaim the big guns like EA and Rockstar get. And anyway, from my personal experience, anything that’s ‘critically acclaimed’ usually means it’s sh*t.
So, which games have been picked to be the first dirty dozen?
- Nidhogg: One of the big breakout indie hits of 2014 makes its console début. Do not miss.
- Spelunky: Derek Yu’s beloved procedurally generated platformer comes to PS4 in full 1080p with new social features
- Chasm: A visually stunning adventure platformer from Discord Games
- Skulls of the Shogun: The Bone-a-Fide Edition: The acclaimed strategy/brawler hyrid arrives on PlayStation platforms with expanded features
- Source: A striking take on the Metroidvania genre from Fenix Fire Games
- Axiom Verge: An ambitious retro platformer with intriguing twist, supported by our Pub Fund initiative
- Drifter: Celsius Game Studios serves up an enormous space exploration sandbox
- Jamestown Plus: An OTT co-op shoot ‘em up from Final Form Games
- Starwhal: Just the Tip: Breakfall’s joyfully mad multiplayer creation comes to PlayStation
- Escape Goat 2: An ingenious platformer from the ‘Double Fine Presents…” stable
- Ironclad Tactics: Finely crafted strategy gameplay with some unexpected twists from Zachtronics
- Apotheon: A beautiful action platformer set in Ancient Greece from the talented AlienTrap team
Some indie titles are coming to the PlayStation 3, but the PlayStation Blog didn’t mention any of the above.