Cotton Reboot! may feature a cute character, but that doesn’t stop it from being an amazing shoot-em-up.. I mean, cute-em-up.
The news here is that Cotton Reboot! is getting a physical version for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 as a limited release in Europe, Australia and the US.
The player takes the role of the young witch Cotton, who ventures out on her magical broom on a quest to get her favourite candy. What unfolds involves her getting entangled with several world threatening terrors which she must destroy. A really cool feature is the more enemies the player kills the more he can upgrade his weapon by collecting power crystals. Players can also charge their weapon for special attacks and enlist the aid of Silk, Cotton’s magical fairy friend who can form up in different “option” configurations.
- Remastered with hand-drawn HD graphics
- Remixed soundtracks
- Comes with Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams in the X6800 original mode
- + 2 more game modes
Arrange mode: features 16:9 screens, redesigned graphics and characters.
Score attack mode: the player competes for scores online within a limited time (2 minute and 5 minute modes can be selected).
Limited Edition with Special Offerings
In addition to the physical and digital retail versions, there are three premium limited editions available, exclusively in the Strictly Limited Games Partner Shop.
- The Limited Edition comes with a manual and is available for €39.99 and limited to 3.000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1.500 copies for PlayStation 4 worldwide.
- The Collector’s Edition is available for €79.99, limited to 2.000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1.000 copies for PlayStation 4 worldwide and includes a tea set, the original & remastered soundtrack, an art book, shikishi and more.
- The Deluxe X68000 Collector’s Edition is already SOLD OUT due to huge demand.
Cotton Reboot! is scheduled for a July 20th release, so you’ll need to be quick if you want to pre-order it!